Alphabet Books By Theme
This booklist was contributed by Appleton Public Library Children's Services Staff, 8/08
Cats and Dogs
- Clifford's ABC (1983)
- Dog's ABC: a Silly Story About the Alphabet (2002) "Dog is back and into as much trouble as ever. The clumsy canine finds an alphabet's worth of adventure as he patrols his neighborhood..."
- Jeremy Kooloo (1995) One word for each letter of the alphabet tells the simple story about the antics of A Big Cat.
- K is for Kitten (2002) A rhyming alphabet book which follows a kitten named Rosie from the alley in which she is found to the "ZZzzs" she enjoys with the family that gives her a home.
- Mrs McTats and her Houseful of Cats (2001) A woman with a single cat named Abner makes room for twenty-four more cats and a puppy she names Zoom.
- Snoopy's ABC's (1987) Characters from the Peanuts comic strip illustrate words from A to Z, beginning with an angry Lucy and ending with "Zz" from a sleeping Snoopy.
- Walk the Dog (2000) Introduces twenty-six different breeds of dogs and their many canine activities as it takes the readers through the alphabet.
- What Pete Ate from A-Z (2001) In this alphabet book, a child relates some of the unusual things eaten by Pete the dog, including an accordion, a lucky quarter, and Uncle Norman's underpants.