Alphabet Books By Theme
This booklist was contributed by Appleton Public Library Children's Services Staff, 8/08
- A Apple Pie (2005) Introduces the letters A to Z while following the fortunes of an apple pie.
- ABC Yummy (1997) An alphabetical tour of good things to eat, from Alicia's appetizing asparagus to Zoe's zesty zucchini.
- Alligator Arrived with Apples (1987) From Alligator's apples to Zebra's zucchini, a multitude of alphabetical animals and foods celebrate Thanksgiving with a grand feast.
- Alphabet Soup (1990) A host of animals from A to Z come to Otter's housewarming party, bringing a wide variety of foods for his alphabetical soup.
- Eating the Alphabet (1996) An alphabetical tour of the world of fruits and vegetables, from apricot and artichoke to yam and zucchini.
- An Edible Alphabet (1994) Depicts edible plants from Apple to Zucchini by means of wood engravings. Includes descriptive index.
- Pierrot's ABC Garden (1993) Pierrot brings his friend Pierrette vegetables and other alphabetical gifts, from asparagus to a zebra.
- Potluck (1991) Alpha and Betty have a potluck and all their friends (Acton to Zelda) bring appropriate alphabetical food (asparagus soup to zucchini casserole).