Alphabet Books By Theme
This booklist was contributed by Appleton Public Library Children's Services Staff, 8/08
Going to Work and School
- ABC Doctor (2007)
- Albert's Alphabet (1997) Clever Albert uses all the supplies in his workshop to build an alphabet for the school playground.
- Alphabeep: a Zipping, Zooming ABC (2003) Describes a vehicle or street sign for every letter of the alphabet from Ambulance to Zamboni.
- Annie, Bea, and Chi Chi Dolores (1993) The letters of the alphabet provide a humorous look at some of the activities of young animals at school, including counting, erasing, making music, painting, and snack time.
- The Awful Aardvarks go to School (1997) An alphabetical listing of the acts of destruction committed by mischievous aardvarks on their animal classmates during a visit to school.
- B is for Bulldozer: a Construction ABC (2003) As children watch over the course of a year, builders construct a rollercoaster using tools and materials that begin with each letter of the alphabet.
- C is for Caboose: Riding the Rails from A to Z (2007)
- Community Helpers from A to Z (1998) An alphabet book introducing occupations oriented to the community, including emergency workers, medical workers, the service industry, and business.
- The Construction Alphabet Book (2006) Learn words used in construction and buildings.
- F is for Firefighting (2007) Illustrations and alphabet text introduce readers to the equipment firefighters use and the jobs that they do.
- Firefighters A to Z (2000) An alphabetic look at a firefighter's day.
- Jeepers Creepers: a Monstrous ABC (2002) Twenty-six monsters go to school and learn their letters as each one's name starts with another letter of the alphabet.
- Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten (1996) Introduces the letters of the alphabet as Miss Bindergarten and her students get ready for kindergarten.
- T is for Teachers: a School Alphabet (2005) "An A-Z pictorial for children ages 4-10 explaining school. Letter topics include, the alphabet, kindergarten, books, librarian, and principal. Each is introduced with a poem accompanied by expository text to provide detailed information"--Provided by publisher.