Alphabet Books By Theme
This booklist was contributed by Appleton Public Library Children's Services Staff, 8/08
- A was once an Apple Pie (2005) A collection of twenty-six nonsense rhymes, one for each letter of the alphabet.
- Agent A to Agent Z (2003) A spy named Agent A inspects his fellow spies, all similarly named after letters of the alphabet.
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (1989) An alphabet rhyme/chant that relates what happens when the whole alphabet tries to climb a coconut tree.
- Click Clack Quackity Quack (2005) An assortment of animals gathers for a picnic.
- Could a Tyrannosaurus Play Table Tennis (2002) Each letter of the alphabet is associated with a dinosaur engaging in a ridiculous activity. For example, "G" is associated with a Gallimimus playing golf and "V" with a Velociraptor playing volleyball.
- Dr Seuss's ABC (1991)
- An Edward Lear Alphabet (1999) Pictures and nonsense verses introduce the letters of the alphabet.
- Hooper Humperdink? Not Him (2006) A youngster plans a huge, spectacular party, inviting friends whose names begin with every letter from A to Z--except for one person.
- Hungry Monster ABC (2007) When a child tries to teach the alphabet to ten insatiable monsters, things quickly get out of hand and chaos abounds until the teacher returns with just the right threat to chase them all away.
- Peanut Butter and Jellyfishes: a Very Silly Alphabet Book (2007) Letters of the alphabet are hidden in silly pictures.
- SuperHero ABC (2005) Humorous SuperHeroes such as Goo Girl and The Volcano represent the letters of the alphabet from A to Z.