Alphabet Books By Theme
This booklist was contributed by Appleton Public Library Children's Services Staff, 8/08
Kids, Family, and Friends
- ABC for You and Me (2000) Photographs show children with Down syndrome in activities with objects corresponding to the letters of the alphabet.
- ABC Kids (2000) Presents one object, person, or animal for each letter of the alphabet, from an apple to a zipper.
- ABC, I Like Me (1997) An alphabet book that explores self-esteem.
- Alfie's ABC (1998) An alphabet book using Alfie and his sister Annie Rose to illustrate the letters from A to Z.
- Alphababies (1998) Rhyming text and illustrations of babies in various settings present the letters of the alphabet.
- The Bouncing, Dancing, Galloping ABC (2006) Presents an ABC of action words starring energetic children who climb, hop, and zoom their way through the alphabet.
- The Human Alphabet (2005) An alphabet made of people -- here are the 26 familiar letters of the alphabet and images to illustrate them, each made with ingenious grips, bends and twists of the human form.
- The Wonders of Me from A to Z (1998) Each letter of the alphabet introduces a brief discussion of a word that has something to do with human development, relationships, or self-concept, such as body, imagination, and quarrels.