Alphabet Books By Theme
This booklist was contributed by Appleton Public Library Children's Services Staff, 8/08
Art and Music
- A is for Artist: a Getty Museum Alphabet (1997) An alphabet books illustrated with details taken from paintings in the J. Paul Getty Museum.
- The ABC Mystery (1993) An alphabetical list of people, objects, and clues leads Inspector McGroom to a stolen work of art.
- ABCs of Art (2002)
- The Alphabet (1993) A mouse trapped in a book discovers the letters of the alphabet.
- Arches to Zigzags: an Architecture ABC (1997) A rhyming alphabet of architectural elements, from arches and doors to I-beams, mantels, and urns.
- The Artful Alphabet (2003) Illustrations representing each letter of the alphabet reveal a variety of objects for the reader to identify.
- The City ABC Book (2001)
- City Seen from A to Z (1983) Twenty-six black-and-white drawings of scenes of city life suggest words beginning with each letter of the alphabet.
- Eight Hands Round: a Patchwork Alphabet (1991) Introduces the letters of the alphabet with names of early American patchwork quilt patterns and explains the origins of the designs by describing the activity or occupation they derive from.
- I Spy: an Alphabet in Art (1992) Presents objects for the letters of the alphabet through paintings by such artists as Magritte, Picasso, Botticelli, and Vermeer.
- The Jazzy Alphabet (2002) The jazzy alphabet boogies and sings, making hot, cool, pizzazzy street-jammin' jazz.
- M is for Music (2003) An alphabet book introducing musical terms, from allegro to zarzuela.
- Museum ABC (2002)
- On Your Toes: a Ballet ABC (2003) Each letter of the alphabet is represented by an illustration of a ballet-related word.