Alphabet Books By Theme
This booklist was contributed by Appleton Public Library Children's Services Staff, 8/08
- A Long Trip to Z (1997) An airplane takes off from a child's book, passing an alphabet of sights on its adventurous journey before returning right at bedtime.
- ABC: a Child's First Alphabet Book (2003) In this alphabet book, a is for apple and z is for zoo.
- Achoo! Bang! Crash! The Noisy Alphabet (2003) Words about sound and noise illustrate the letters of the alphabet.
- Dear Dragon's A is for Apple (2007) "A boy and his pet dragon learn their ABCs"--Provided by publisher.
- Elmo's ABC Book (2001) Elmo the little monster cannot decide which is his favorite letter of the alphabet, because he has favorite things for almost every letter.
- G is for Goat (2003) A rhyming celebration of goats and their antics, from A to Z.
- K is for Kissing a Cool Kangaroo (2003) Illustrations and a simple rhyme introduce all the letters of the alphabet, and the word list that follows challenges the reader to go back and find more examples of words that begin with each letter.
- Max's ABC (2006) Max is in trouble as the Ants are taking Bites of his sandwich and drinking his Cranberry juice. Children will enjoy learning the alphabet with Max and Ruby in this charming concept book.
- Quilt Alphabet (2001)
- R is for Race Car: a Stock Car Alphabet (2005) "This book provides readers with details on the famous drivers, history, and statistics from the sport of stock car racing. From A to Z topics such as Bill France, Daytona, helmets, pit stops, and more are explained and illustrated for readers of all ages"--Provided by publisher.
- S is for S'Mores: a Camping Alphabet (2007) "Introduces camping from A to Z using poetry, prose, and illustrations in a children's picture book. Includes information on beach camping, canyons, foliage, camping gear, John Muir, Juliette Gordon Low, and more"--Provided by publisher.
- Talk to Me About the Alphabet (2003) Illustrations and simple text for each letter of the alphabet demonstrate the sounds made by that letter.
- Tomorrow's Alphabet (1996)
- The Z Was Zapped (1987) Depicts how A was in an avalanche, B was badly bitten, C was cut to ribbons, and the other letters of the alphabet suffered similar mishaps.