This booklist was contributed by Appleton Public Library Children's Services Staff, 9/08
My Five Senses
- David Smells (2003) Very simple text presents scenes with David which give examples of the five senses.
- Five for a Little One (2006) A young rabbit explores the world using his five senses.
- Forest Friends' Five Senses (2001) Animal friends share their experiences with the five senses.
- Hello Ocean (2001) Using rhyming text, a child describes the wonder of the ocean experienced through each of her five senses.
- I Saw the Sea and the Sea Saw Me (2001) A girl enjoys using all of her five senses to explore the ocean, but when a jellyfish appears she discovers that the sea is not always nice.
- Look, Listen, Taste, Touch, and Smell (2004) An introduction to the five senses and the organs that perform the functions of sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch.
- More than Meets the Eye: Seeing Art with all Five Senses (2003) Provides images of paintings and new, sensory ways to experience them, such as tasting the milk in Vermeer's "The Milkmaid," hearing the music in Tanner's "The Banjo Lesson," or feeling the fur in da Vinci's "Lady with an Ermine."
- My First Book About the Five Senses (2006) Presents an introduction to the five senses, providing illustrations and descriptions with simple text of some of the things that can be experienced with sight, hearing, taste, touch, and smell.
- My Five Senses (1989) A simple presentation of the five senses, demonstrating some ways we use them.
- Our Five Senses (2003) Presents a brief statement of the role of each of the five senses.
- A Perfect Day: All About the Five Senses (2004) When the rain ends, the Beasties run outside and use all five of their senses to enjoy the perfect day.
- Sense Suspense: a Guessing Game for the Five Senses (1994) Readers must guess which of the five senses apply to the mysterious photographs which illustrate life on the Puerto Rican island of Culebra.
- You Can't Taste a Pickle with Your Ear (2003) What are the senses? -- Hold your nose -- Please don't touch -- Cover your ears -- Close your eyes -- Stick out your tongue -- All your senses.
- You Smell and Taste and Feel and See and Hear (1997) "Mary Murphy has created a little dog who will become a big friend. In this charming book, small children can experience the world as sensed by this delightful character, from the first taste of breakfast milk to the feel of a big, warm, hug and finally, the sound of a bedtime story"--Back cover.
- Your Senses (2000) Simple text and photographs present the five senses and how they work together.