Going to School
This booklist was contributed by Appleton Public Library Children's Services Staff, 2/2010
Going to Kindergarten
- Countdown to Kindergarten (2002) Ten days before the start of kindergarten, a preschooler can not tie her shoes by herself and fears the worst.
- Is Your Buffalo Ready for Kindergarten (2010) Although kindergarten provides unique challenges for a young buffalo, one who follows the rules and tries his best will get along fine.
- It's My School (2006) Tom is not happy that his younger sister, Alice, is starting kindergarten at his school.
- Kindergarten Countdown (2007) Rhyming text follows an excited little girl as she counts down the days before the start of kindergarten.
- Kindergarten Diary (2010) Annalina's diary entries reflect her feelings and experiences as she goes from being afraid to go to kindergarten to loving it during her first month of school.
- Little Bear Goes to Kindergarten (1997) Little Bear likes the teacher, other children, and activities on his first day at kindergarten, but he does not want his mother to leave.
- Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come (1999) Even though Henry is looking forward to going to kindergarten, he is not sure about staying once he first gets there.
- Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten (1996) Introduces the letters of the alphabet as Miss Bindergarten and her students get ready for kindergarten.
- Ready for Kindergarten, Stinky Face? (2010) A mother reassures her son when he imagines increasingly silly things that might go wrong on his first day of kindergarten.
- School Rules (2010) When Pinkalicious brings her imaginary unicorn, Goldie, to school and teaches him the rules, he helps her and the other students to become better friends.
- Tom Goes to Kindergarten (2000) When Tom, a young panda, goes to his very first day of kindergarten, his whole family stays and plays and wishes they could be in kindergarten too.
- Tucker's Four Carrot School Day (2005) The start of Tucker the rabbit's first day of kindergarten is rocky, but making new friends helps change his attitude toward school.
- We Share Everything (1999) On the first day of school, after their kindergarten teacher scolds them for not sharing, a boy and girl share their clothes and shoes.